Monday, July 18, 2011

On the way to Netherlands

Airline ticket of my choice is the Emirates, majoring from Jakarta - Dubai, Dubai - Amsterdam. Departure which I select from four options is set out as slowly as possible from Jakarta and reach until noon in the Netherlands. And vice versa for a return ticket to Indonesia, I select the departure day from Schipol and arrive at Soekarno Hatta also during the day.

Since I live in Padang, thereby ticket that I bought have a good timing from Padang to Jakarta. I take into account the long wait in case of delay of Padang. It's possible I missed my flight from Jakarta to the Netherlands. So, with a heavy heart, I left as soon as possible from Padang, and are willing to wait six hours rather than bear the risk of flight from Padang to delay for hours.

Padang to Jakarta (Lion Air)

Thank God my journey is not impaired. Travel smoothly and the aircraft on time. My luggage was safe. I arrived in Jakarta at 03.00 pm.Then I had to go to the international departure terminal which is a short distance from the arrival terminal Lion Aircraft. To get there, I ride a bus free airport bus. Since Lion Air only allows 20 kg of luggage, so I am not greedy to have very big baggage. Moreover, if I was left, let me not loose any so i only bring one suitcase, the rest is handbag.

Departure process at the International Airport

My departure schedule for the majors of Jakarta Dubai is at 03.00 AM. Imagine how long I have to meditate alone starting from 4pm. While sitting in the lobby of the airport, I had a conversation with people around who sat near by me for asking how long the immigration process is, I worried a bit complicated, because I mostly read the information from google, so worried about it eventually. Three hours before the scheduled departure, check-in counter was open. When I go in and queued, there is little remorse; why did i do a long time staring out, and when I was on-time in front of check-in counter there are dozens of people queued in front of me. Stupid me ... it turns out these people are already queuing up before the check-in counter was opened. Then i have to stand up to an hour.

In this counter, according to Indonesian regulations, I pay airport tax for Rp. 150.000, -. The process is not that long, I just enter the baggage, show the passport and being given a Arrival and Departure Card to be filled prior to the Immigration.

Next ..

I went to the immigration counter. I thought immigration was a room where the is interview before we get into the check-in. It turned out that only an immigration officer who sits at his desk each, and serves one line of each queue. There is a special queue for Indonesia Passport and a queue for Foreign Passport. Arrival and departure cards that have been completed earlier handed over to Immigration, then being stamped and the 'arrival' side was handed back to me. Arrival Card must be kept and handed over to immigration again when I return to Indonesia. Apparently all the documents that I brought (invitation letter, insurance, guarantor declaration, and so on) are not required at all here. I easily slip by. Well ... I think, to know so I do not need double carry additional documents.

Next ...

Having escaped from the immigration, I can go to the boarding gate and ready to wait there. Because the time is still long, I spent my time to look up some souvenirs. OMG ... its expensive. Just look up at the three stores had already made me headache. Want to buy batik handwriting sandals almost a hundred thousand, forget it ...

Before entering the boarding gate, there is cabin baggage inspection. The trick is simple, just scan through the usual stuff. But apparently the rules are more stringent. We are not allowed to carry goods a kind of liquid over 100 ml. I had been carrying a soft drink and forget to drink, finally I should drink on the spot. The drink is from my sister in law who give me snacks and drinks for the trip. Unfortunately I forgot to drink it. While drinking in front of the officer, I saw many piles of other fluids bottles. There are shampoos, Handbody lotions and shower gels. Hehehe, too bad... already tired of buying and carrying heavy-weight, they don’t know they shouldn’t be brought to the plane.


Jakarta to Dubai (Emirates)

I'm excited, you know. This is my first time to go abroad and also with the famous Emirates plane. Being excited is not because of fear of being among the people or the communication language. I am worried my cold allergy recurrence, especially given the long journey of about seven hours. Fortunately, the service is great at Emirates. When entering the plane, the fear feeling was relief, the blanket is already available on the seat, and TV monitor was already on sight. Within 1 hour bakfast has been served, lunch after a few hours to come.Every hour ditawarin drink (tea, coffee, various juices, beer, cola, and even wine are also served free of charge). All Emirates satisfactory and kosher menus. Unlike the menu on the internet.When buying airline tickets ordered select the menu, next thing I knew on the plane can not choose. Either two, fish or chicken, chicken or meat, meat or fish, etc.. Anyway guaranteed Halal.

Dubai International Airport

In Dubai, I was in transit for three hours. It was the perfect time. Perfect calculation for the aircraft down, perfect time to see souvenir shops, perfect for the toilet, and perfect for a short break and also for check-in. Dubai Airport is big, i should walk far enough. Immigration process is also briefly. In order I was only transit, so I did not need a visa on arrival. I went straight to the boarding gate with boarding pass that has been given since from Jakarta. To Pass the boarding gate was also easy, just showing your passport. Previously, handbag was also scanned at the gateway of terminal for Emirates aircraft.

Dubai to Amsterdam (Emirates)

This time I'm not excited anymore, because i have experience the pleasure of flying with Emirates. On the first flight at night, I spent much time for sleeping and resting. Since I left at night and it was Indonesian sleeping time. Despite being fed, I'm still sleepy afterwards. In the second flight, my schedule was a morning to afternoon. It is definitely not sleepy and it's time to take the advantage of available facilities. I watch the latest movies for free on the monitors, from Bolywood, Hollywood, Arabian, Chinese, Comedy, TV series, playing games, etc..

Amsterdam Schipol International Airport

Thanks God, I arrived safely in Holland. I did not loose any, and also in a good health. I was Having dizziness and nausea because eventually waiting at Jakarta airport, but were saved by the intake of food on the plane. Arriving at Schipol, I took the baggage and none lost. But before going into the baggage claim, I had to go through the Dutch immigration which was also only a high table with two officers. This is where I was rather excited, being asked for how much money I have. Well ... i wanted to answer but i get confused, if I say i just have ittle, I was afraid will be complicated, if I say many, i was afraid being disputed. But apparently not as complicated i though, just asking how much money i preapre for holiday, how many credit card limits, etc.. They also asked for documentary evidence.Finally, the documents I had brought was worth too.

Next

Its not finished yet, before heading out into the lobby of the airport, there were checks again. My bag was unpacked at the officer to check out if I bring expensive items adn need duty fee. Because the officers were young and handsome, I finally made a joke, I offered him a souvenir from Padang. Then he said: "thank you, I am not allowed to receive and take any of the passengers stuff". Good....



Bandara Internasional Jakarta


Bandara Internasional Dubai
 

Bandara Intl Dubai



Bandara Internasional Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment